COVID-19 Practice Position for Supported Living
Please help us to continue to keep you, our tenants, and our staff safe and free of the COVID- 19 virus by following our visitor policy. A copy of this policy is available in the service.
Our policy is based on current government guidance.
The policy has been developed with and is supported by the Director of Public Health and Director of Adult Social Care.
The Government has produced a summary of the guidance that we would encourage you to familiarise yourselves with.
Please note – In the case of an outbreak in the service all visiting, other than the end of life and essential caregivers will be stopped until the end of the outbreak.
Essential Care Giver
Tenants who have a specific need to receive care from a visitor involving regular closer contact can have a nominated essential care giver/s.
- Any arrangements for an essential care giver need to be discussed and agreed with the service manager and any other relevant professionals. Each Tenants circumstances are different, and these arrangements will be considered on an individual basis as appropriate.
- The essential visitor will have clear tasks identified and recorded in the Tenants support plan.
- The visitor will still need to follow our agreements in relation to visitors to the service such as social distancing and infection control measures.
- You can visit a Tenant before having had your vaccination, however we would strongly encourage you to take up the offer of a vaccine in line with the national timetable.
- Where possible please consider avoiding public transport to travel to the service.
- During your visit to the service please follow any requests from staff designed to maximise social distancing and keep tenants, staff, and visitors safe.
- • The member of staff greeting you at the entrance of the service and will ask the following questions:
- Have you been feeling unwell recently?
- Have you had recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had recent contact (in the last 14 days) with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or someone with confirmed COVID-19
- A member of staff will take your temperature- if it is higher than 37.5, we will not allow you to enter the service.
- You will be asked to wear a mask at all times. Aprons and gloves are available, should these be required but are not essential for visiting if other guidance is followed.
- On arrival and departure please wash your hands for 20 seconds or use the hand sanitiser provided.
- You will be asked to maintain the correct social distancing, as per the Government guidance at the time of your visit.
- We will ensure that any space used by you and the tenant will be cleaned before and after your visit.
- Please try not to have contact with other tenants or visitors to the home.
- We will not be able to offer you refreshments during your visit.
- We would ask that all visitors, Tenants and Staff follow the Government Guidance relevant at the time of the visit.
- We recommend the space used for visiting is well ventilated, and if possible, use an outside space.
We hope you and the tenant continue to enjoy the opportunity to see each other and that you recognise that the measure we have put in place is intended to enable this to continue and to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
We are here for you should you need any support with how this may affect you both.
Please do not hesitate to contact us before and after the visit to discuss how best we can support you.